Share PDF

Search documents:
  Report this document  
    Download as PDF   
      Share on Facebook

SHIVAJI UNIVERSITY, KOLHAPUR

ANNUAL SELF-ASSESSMENT FOR THE PERFORMANCE BASED APPRAISAL SYSTEM

(ACADEMIC YEAR _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _)

(Introduced as per U.G.C. Notification 30th June, 2010 approved by Govt. of Maharashtra State vide G.R. dated 15th February, 2011)

PART A : GENERAL INFORMATION AND ACADEMIC BACKGROUND

1. Name (in Block Letters)

:-

2.Father's Name / Mother's Name /

 

Husband’s Name

:-

3.

Department

:-

4.

Current Designation & Grade Pay

:-

5.

Date of last Promotion

:-

6.

Address for correspondence (with Pin code) :-

7.Permanent Address (with Pin code) :-

Telephone No. (Res.) and (Cell

:-

Email

:-

8.Whether acquired any degree or fresh academic qualification during the year ?

9.Academic Staff College Orientation / Refresher Course/ ISTE - AICTE Sponsored STTP/SBP attended during the year.

Name of the Course/

Place

Duration

Sponsoring Agency

Summer School

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

C:\Users\pgest\Desktop\Final CASAPI\Annual Self Assessment for the performance based appraisal system (PBAS).doc

Page 1 of 24

PART B : ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE INDICATORS

CATEGORY I: TEACHING, LEARNING AND EVALUATION RELATED ACTIVITIES

(i)Lectures, Seminars, tutorials, practical’s, contact hours undertaken with percentage (50 points per anuum )

No Score should be assigned if a teacher has engaged less then 80% of the assigned classes.

Sr. No.

Course /

Level

Mode of

No. of periods

No. of periods

% of Periods

 

Paper

 

Teaching*

/ Hours

/ Hours

engaged

 

 

 

 

allotted

engaged per

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

anuum

 

 

 

 

 

Per

Per

 

 

 

 

 

 

week

anuum

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Lecture (L), Seminar (S), Tutorial (T), Practical (P), Contact Hours (C)

(ii)Teaching Load in excess of UGC norm (max score: 10 pa)

If teacher has engaged classes exceeding UGC norm, then two points to be assigned for each extra hour of classes / credit Classes exceeding UGC norm such as, Classes exceeding UGC norm such as Coaching for Advanced and slow Learners, for imparting extra skill, for value and environmental education, for the students of socially and financially weaker section of the society, for competitive examination etc.

Sr. No.

Course / Paper

Level

Mode of

Hours /

Remark

 

 

 

Teaching*

Periods per

 

 

 

 

 

week

 

 

 

 

 

engaged

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

* Lecture (L), Seminar (S), Tutorial (T), Practical (P), Contact Hours (C)

C:\Users\pgest\Desktop\Final CASAPI\Annual Self Assessment for the performance based appraisal system (PBAS).doc

Page 2 of 24

iii)Preparation & imparting of knowledge / instruction as per curriculum; syllabus enrichment by providing the additional resources to students. (20 points pa)

(a)Reading/Instruction material consulted: Max. 15 Pts /3 Pts for Each material. Encyclopedia, Reference Books, Text Book, Research Journals (Print & Electronic Media), Internet, Annual Report, Surveys, Educational C.D.

(b)Additional knowledge resources provided: 05 Pts/ 1 Pts for each resource. Abstracts, Internet Print Out, Poster Presentation, Wall papers, Case study, Paper/Journal cuttings, Educational Software, etc.

Sr. No.

Course / Paper

Consulted

Prescribed

Additional Resource

 

 

 

 

provided

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(iv)Use of participatory & innovative teaching-learning methodologies; updating of subject content, course improvement, etc. (Max: 20 pa)

A.Updating courses, design of curriculum ( 5-pts single course)

Such as Suggestions for updating course content, design of curriculum through proper channels, Contribution as a Member of Syllabus sub-committee/BOS/Faculty/Academic Council, Oral/ Written presentations at seminar/workshop / subject Association, etc.

B.Preparation of resource material, fresh reading materials, Laboratory manuals etc.

Such as Graphical Presentations, Internet print-outs, Journals/ News paper Xerox copies, Synopsis, Transparencies, etc.

C.Use of participative & Innovative teaching-learning methodologies; Use of ICT, Updating of subject content, and course improvement, etc.

I.Use of participative & Innovative teaching-learning methodologies-10 pts. -2 pts. Each activity

Faculty exchange, Poster display, Role playing, Interaction with Entrepreneur, social worker and authors, Slid show, Quiz , Study tours, Brain Storming etc

II.ICT Based Teaching material -10 pts. -2 pts. Each activity

Such as Power Point Presentation, Use of Laptop, Computer, LCD, LAN, etc.

III.Interactive courses 5 pts. each

Such as Group Discussion, Question- Answer Session, Quiz Session, Case studies, Students Seminar, etc.

IV. Participatory Learning Modules : 5 pts. each

Such as Criticism Module, Debating Model, Essay writing Modules, Universal Human Values Modules, Composition Modules, Characterization Modules, Report Writing Modules, etc.

D. Developing and imparting Remedial/Bridge Courses and counseling Modules (Each activity

: 5 pts)

Remedial /Bridge Courses for Socially Backward Students, Minority Students, Below Poverty Line Students, Under Privileged Students, Repeater Students, Otherwise abled Students etc.

E.Developing and imparting soft skills/ Communication Skill/ personality development courses/models (Each activity : 5 points)

C:\Users\pgest\Desktop\Final CASAPI\Annual Self Assessment for the performance based appraisal system (PBAS).doc

Page 3 of 24

Soft Skills such as Leadership, Good Manners, Time Management, Event management, Sense of Humor, Public Relation, Human Resource Management etc.

Communication Skills such as ICT, Effective Public Speech, Conversation, Vocabulary, Writing, Reading, Listening, Speaking, etc.

Personality Development Courses/Modules such as Confidence Building, Decision Making, Rationality, Innovation, Presence of mind, Sharpness, Creativity, Planning, Imagination, Foresight, Scientific Approach etc.

F.Organizing and conduction of popularization programmes/ training courses in computer assisted teaching ‘web-based learning and e-library skills to students

a.Workshop / Training Course : 5 points each

b.Popularization program : 5 points each for Orientation and Creating awareness

Sr. No.

Short Description

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(v)Examination duties

I.College/University and semester / Annual Examination work as per duties allotted (Invigilation -10 points; Evaluation of answer scripts 5 points; question paper setting 5 Moderation, Revaluation and redressal, Other Exam work 2 points each. (100%

compliance-=20 points)

II.College /External examination / Evaluation responsibilities for internal/ continuous

assessment work as allotted (100% compliance-10 points.)

III.Examination work such as co-ordinator, CAP Director , flying squad (District and Centre) duties of Members of 32 (5)G, Lapses committee etc. (Maximum of 5 or 10 depending upon intensity of duty), (100% Compliance =10 points )

Sr. No.

Type of Examination Duties

Duties Assigned

Extent to which carried out

 

 

from - to

(%)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

C:\Users\pgest\Desktop\Final CASAPI\Annual Self Assessment for the performance based appraisal system (PBAS).doc

Page 4 of 24

Summary of CATEGORY I: Teaching, learning and evaluation related activities

Sr. No.

Nature of Activity

 

Maximum Score

 

 

 

 

 

Self-

API

 

 

 

 

API score

score

 

ESSENTIAL

 

appraisal

 

 

 

 

allotted

score

Verified

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1.

Lectures, Seminars,

tutorials,

practicals,

50

 

 

 

contact hours undertaken taken as

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

percentage of lectures allocated

 

 

 

 

2.

Lectures or other teaching duties in excess of

10

 

 

 

UGC norms

 

 

 

 

 

3.

Preparation & Imparting of knowledge /

 

 

 

 

instruction as per curriculum; syllabus

20

 

 

 

enrichment by providing the additional

 

 

 

 

resources to students.

 

 

 

 

 

4.

Use of participatory & innovative teaching-

 

 

 

 

learning methodologies; updating of subject

20

 

 

 

content, course improvement, etc.

 

 

 

 

5.

Examination duties

(invigilation;

Question

25

 

 

 

paper setting, evaluation/ assessment of

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

answer scripts) as per allotment.

 

 

 

 

 

Total Score

 

125

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minimum API Score required

 

75

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

C:\Users\pgest\Desktop\Final CASAPI\Annual Self Assessment for the performance based appraisal system (PBAS).doc

Page 5 of 24

CATEGORY: II

CO-CURRICULAR, EXTENSION, PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT

 

RELATED ACTIVITIES

Please mention your contribution to any of the following and then enter the score at the end:

Sr.No.

Type of Activity

API Score

(i)A Institutional Co-curricular activities for students such as field studies / educational tours, industry- implant training and placement activity (5 point each)

Activities such as Survey, Educational Tours, Industrial visits, Visits to social / political Institutions viz. Zillah Parishad/ Gram Panchayat / Municipal Councils/ Corporation /Reformative Home/ Assembly / Parliament, Industrial Training programme/ Workshop, Placement Cell etc.

BPositions held/ Leadership role played In organization linked with Extension Work and National service Scheme NSS , NCC , or any other similar activity. (Each activity 10 pts.)

Activities in College such as NCC, NSS, Nature Club, Addiction –Free

Campaign, Eradication of superstitions, Tree Plantation, Protection of

Environment, AIDS Awareness, Social health awareness, Save Baby

Campaign, Blood Donation Awareness, Consumer Awareness, RIT

Awareness, Anti-Dowry Awareness etc. (Chairman-10 marks,

Member-3 marks)

CStudents and Staff Related Socio-Cultural and Sports Programmes, Company Publications (Departmental level 2 pts. Each , Institutional level 5 pts. each)

Activities such as Cultural Programs, Sports Committee, Celebration of Birth / Death Anniversary of national leaders or Local Dignitaries, Celebration of special days viz. Science Day, Teachers Day, Consumer Day, Population Day etc., Wall-paper publication, Exhibition of Cuttings, Publication of Survey Highlights, Inter Class Matches etc.

DCommunity work such as values of National Integration, Environment democracy, socialism, Human Rights, peace, scientific temper; flood or, drought relief, small family norms etc. (5 pts. each)

Total (Max :) 20

(ii)A Contribution to Corporate life in Universities/ colleges through meetings, popular lectures, subject related events, articles in college magazine and University volumes (2 points each) Such as Contribution to Participation in BOS /Faculty/ Academic Council / Senate/ Management Council or any other University Committee Meeting, Popular Lecturer on any subject in Uni./ college, chief guest/ Chairman for subject related Event viz.M.Phil, Ph. D. Open Defense Session, Ph. D. Scrutiny Meeting, Resource Person /Speaker for subject related event, Referee/ Judge for subject related event, work done on editorial Board of journals etc.

BInstitutional Governance responsibilities like Vice Principal (if approved by Shivaji University, Kolhapur), Dean, Director, warden, Bursar, IQAC co- ordinator, Course Co-ordinator, Head of the Department, P.G. Co- ordinator, etc. (10 points each )

C:\Users\pgest\Desktop\Final CASAPI\Annual Self Assessment for the performance based appraisal system (PBAS).doc

Page 6 of 24

CParticipation in committees concerned with any aspect of departmental or institutional management such as admission committee, campus development, library committee, LMC, Standing Committee, Student Council, Sexual Harassment & Prevention Committee, etc.

Chairman -5 pts each / Member -3 pts each.

DResponsibility for or participation in committee for Students Welfare, Counseling and Discipline (5 each)

Participation in student related committee such as Scholarship Committee, Student Aid Fund Committee, Sportsman Aid Fund Committee, standing Committee, Students Counseling Committee, Discipline Committee, Student Counseling etc. Chairman -5 pts each /

Member -3 pts each.

EOrganization of Conference/Training International (10 points); national / regional (5points)

Chairman/Convener -5 pts each / Member -3 pts each.

International Activity:

-Convener/Coordinator of Conference etc. : 10 pts each -Convener of Sub- committee: 5 pts each

-Member of Organizing Committee / or Any Sub- Committee: 3Pts. Each National / Regional / University level Activity

-Convener/ Co- ordinator of Conference: 5 pts each -Chairperson / Convener of Sub – Committee: 3 pts each

-Member of Organizing committee or any sub-committee: 2 pts each

 

Total (Max :)

15

(iii) A

Membership in Profession related committees at state and national level.

 

 

At National Level : 3 points each

 

 

Such As Professional / Subject Associations Viz. Indian Economics

 

 

Association, All India Commerce Conference etc.

 

 

At State Level : 2 points each

 

 

Such as Subject/ Professional Associations Viz. Maharashtra Commerce

 

 

Association etc.

 

B

Participation in subject associations, conferences, seminars, workshop

 

 

etc. without paper presentation (Each activity : 2point)

 

C

Participation in short term training courses less than one week duration

 

 

in educational technology, curriculum development, professional

 

 

development, Examination reforms, Institutional Governance (Each

 

 

activity: 5points)

 

D

Membership / participation in State / Central Bodies / Committees on

 

 

education, Research and National Development (5 each)

 

E

Publication of articles in newspapers, magazines or other publications

 

 

(not covered in category 3); Radio talks ; Television Programms (1point

 

 

each ).

 

 

Total (Max :)

15

C:\Users\pgest\Desktop\Final CASAPI\Annual Self Assessment for the performance based appraisal system (PBAS).doc

Page 7 of 24

Summary of CATEGORY: II:

CO-CURRICULAR, EXTENSION, PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT RELATED ACTIVITIES (Max. 50 points)

Sr.

Nature of Activity

Maximum Score

 

No.

 

 

Self-

API

 

Co-curricular and extension activities

API Score

apprais

Score

 

allotted

al

Verified

 

 

 

 

 

Score

 

1.A Institutional Co-curricular activities for students such as field studies / educational tours, industry- implant training and placement activity (5 point each)

Activities such as Survey, Educational Tours, Industrial visits, Visits to social / political Institutions viz. Zillah Parishad/ Gram Panchayat / Municipal Councils/ Corporation /Reformative Home/ Assembly / Parliament, Industrial Training programme/ Workshop, Placement Cell etc.

BPositions held/ Leadership role played In organization linked with Extension Work and National service Scheme NSS , NCC , or any other similar activity. (Each activity 10 pts.)

Activities in College such as NCC, NSS, Nature Club,

Addiction –Free Campaign, Eradication of

 

superstitions, Tree Plantation, Protection of

 

Environment,

AIDS Awareness, Social health

 

awareness, Save Baby Campaign, Blood Donation

 

Awareness, Consumer Awareness, RIT Awareness,

20

Anti-Dowry Awareness etc. (Chairman-10 marks,

 

Member-3 marks)

 

CStudents and Staff Related Socio-Cultural and Sports Programmes, Company Publications (Departmental level 2 pts. Each , Institutional level 5 pts. each)

Activities such as Cultural Programs, Sports Committee, Celebration of Birth / Death Anniversary of national leaders or Local Dignitaries, Celebration of special days viz. Science Day, Teachers Day, Consumer Day, Population Day etc., Wall-paper publication, Exhibition of Cuttings, Publication of Survey Highlights, Inter Class Matches etc.

DCommunity work such as values of National Integration, Environment democracy, socialism, Human Rights, peace, scientific temper; flood or, drought relief, small family norms etc. (5 pts. each)

C:\Users\pgest\Desktop\Final CASAPI\Annual Self Assessment for the performance based appraisal system (PBAS).doc

Page 8 of 24

2.A Contribution to Corporate life in Universities/

colleges through meetings, popular lectures, subject related events, articles in college magazine and University volumes (2 points each) Such as Contribution to Participation in BOS /Faculty/ Academic Council / Senate/ Management Council or any other University Committee Meeting, Popular Lecturer on any subject in Uni./ college, chief guest/ Chairman for subject related Event viz. M.Phil., Ph. D. Open Defense Session, Ph. D. Scrutiny Meeting, Resource Person /Speaker for subject related event, Referee/ Judge for subject related event, work done by editorial board of Journals etc.

BInstitutional Governance responsibilities like Vice Principal (if approved by Shivaji University, Kolhapur), Dean, Director, warden, Bursar, IQAC co- ordinator, Course Co-ordinator, Head of the Department, P.G. Co-ordinator, etc. (10 points each )

CParticipation in committees concerned with any aspect of departmental or institutional management such as admission committee, campus development, library committee, LMC, Standing Committee, Student Council, Sexual Harassment & Prevention Committee, etc.

Chairman -5 pts each / Member -3 pts each.

DResponsibility for or participation in committee for

Students Welfare, Counseling and Discipline (5 each)

15

Participation in student related committee such as

 

Scholarship Committee, Student Aid Fund Committee,

 

Sportsman Aid Fund Committee, standing Committee,

 

Students

Counseling

Committee,

Discipline

 

Committee, Student Counseling etc. Chairman -5 pts

 

each / Member -3 pts each.

 

 

EOrganization of Conference/Training International (10 points); national / regional (5points)

Chairman/Convener -5 pts each / Member -3 pts each.

International Activity:

-Convener/Coordinator of Conference etc. : 10 pts each -Convener of Sub- committee: 5 pts each

-Member of Organizing Committee / or Any Sub- Committee: 3Pts. Each

National / Regional / University level Activity -Convener/ Co- ordinator of Conference: 5 pts each -Chairperson / Convener of Sub – Committee: 3 pts each

-Member of Organizing committee or any sub-committee: 2 pts each

C:\Users\pgest\Desktop\Final CASAPI\Annual Self Assessment for the performance based appraisal system (PBAS).doc

Page 9 of 24

3.

A

Membership in Profession related committees at state

 

 

 

 

 

and national level.

 

 

 

 

 

 

At National Level : 3 points each

 

 

 

 

 

 

Such As Professional / Subject Associations Viz. Indian

 

 

 

 

 

Economics

Association, All India

Commerce

 

 

 

 

 

Conference etc.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

At State Level : 2 points each

 

 

 

 

 

 

Such as Subject/ Professional Associations Viz.

 

 

 

 

 

Maharashtra Commerce Association etc.

 

 

 

 

 

B

Participation in

subject associations,

conferences,

 

 

 

 

 

seminars, workshop etc. without paper

presentation

15

 

 

 

 

(Each activity : 2point)

 

 

 

 

 

C

Participation in short term training courses less than

 

 

 

 

 

one week duration in educational technology,

 

 

 

 

 

curriculum development, professional development,

 

 

 

 

 

Examination reforms, Institutional Governance (Each

 

 

 

 

 

activity: 5points)

 

 

 

 

 

 

D

Membership / participation in State / Central Bodies /

 

 

 

 

 

Committees on education, Research and National

 

 

 

 

 

Development (5 each)

 

 

 

 

 

E

Publication of articles in newspapers, magazines or

 

 

 

 

 

other publications (not covered in category 3); Radio

 

 

 

 

 

talks ; Television Programms (1point each ).

 

 

 

 

 

Total Score

 

50

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(Minimum score required for this category)

15

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

VERIFIABLE CRITERIA:

1)Academic Dairy

2)Bio Metric Generated Slips.

3)Attendance sheets.

4)Certification by HOD / Principal.

5)Supporting Documents.

…………………………………………………………………………..

C:\Users\pgest\Desktop\Final CASAPI\Annual Self Assessment for the performance based appraisal system (PBAS).doc

Page 10 of 24

CATEGORY : III. RESEARCH, PUBLICATIONS AND ACADEMIC CONTRIBUTIONS

A) (i) Published Papers in Referred Journals* (15 points per publication)

 

Whether

 

Whether

 

 

Sr.

peer

No. of co-

principal

 

 

reviewed/

author /

Self

API

No.

Impact

authors

corresponding

ISSN/ISBN

 

appraisal

score

Title Journal No.

Factor, if

(40 %

author /

score

Verified

any

Guide (60 %

with

weightage)

 

 

 

weightage)

 

 

page

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nos.

 

 

 

 

 

*Whether relevant to any specific discipline, the API score for paper in refereed journal would be augmented as follows:

i)indexed journal – by 5 points: ii) papers with impact factor between 1 and 2 by 10 points, iii) papers with impact factor between 2 and 5 by 15 points, iv) papers with impact factor between 5 and 10 by 25 points.

Notes:

1.It is incumbent on the Coordination Committee proposed in these Regulations and the University to prepare and publicize within six months subject-wise list of journals, periodicals and publishers under categories III A and B. Till such time, screening/selection committees will assess and verify the categorization and scores of publications.

2.The API for joint publications will have to be calculated in the following manner. Of the total score for the relevant category of publication by the concerned teacher, the first/Principal author and the corresponding author/supervisor/mentor of the teacher would share equally 60% of the total points and the remaining 40% would be shared equally by all other authors

C:\Users\pgest\Desktop\Final CASAPI\Annual Self Assessment for the performance based appraisal system (PBAS).doc

Page 11 of 24

(ii) Non refereed but recognized, indexed and reputed Journals and Periodicals having ISSN / ISBN No.

(10 points per publication)

Sr.

 

 

ISSN/ISBN

No.

Title

Journal

No.

 

with

 

 

 

page

 

 

 

Nos.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Whether

 

Whether

peer

No. of co-

principal

reviewed/

author /

Impact

authors

corresponding

 

Factor, if

(40 %

author /

any

Guide (60 %

weightage)

 

weightage)

 

 

 

 

 

Self

appraisal API score score Verified

Notes:

1.It is incumbent on the Coordination Committee proposed in these Regulations and the University to prepare and publicize within six months subject-wise list of journals, periodicals and publishers under categories IIIA and B. Till such time, screening/selection committees will assess and verify the categorization and scores of publications.

2.The API for joint publications will have to be calculated in the following manner. Of the total score for the relevant category of publication by the concerned teacher, the first/Principal author and the corresponding author/supervisor/mentor of the teacher would share equally 60% of the total points and the remaining 40% would be shared equally by all other authors.

C:\Users\pgest\Desktop\Final CASAPI\Annual Self Assessment for the performance based appraisal system (PBAS).doc

Page 12 of 24

iii) Full Papers published in Conference Proceedings, Papers in Journals without ISSN / ISBN No. etc.

(10 points per publication)

 

 

 

No. of co-

Whether principal

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sr.

 

Details of Conference

authors

author / correspo

 

 

Title with page Nos.

 

 

 

 

No.

Publication / Journal

(40 %

author / Guide

Self

API

 

 

score

 

 

 

 

 

 

weightage)

 

appraisal

 

 

 

 

(60 % weightage)

score

Verified

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Notes:

1.It is incumbent on the Coordination Committee proposed in these Regulations and the University to prepare and publicize within six months subject-wise list of journals, periodicals and publishers under categories IIIA and B. Till such time, screening/selection committees will assess and verify the categorization and scores of publications.

2.The API for joint publications will have to be calculated in the following manner. Of the total score for the relevant category of publication by the concerned teacher, the first/Principal author and the corresponding author/supervisor/mentor of the teacher would share equally 60% of the total points and the remaining 40% would be shared equally by all other authors.

C:\Users\pgest\Desktop\Final CASAPI\Annual Self Assessment for the performance based appraisal system (PBAS).doc

Page 13 of 24

B) Other Research Publications (Books, Chapters in book other than referred Journal articles)

i) Research Monographs, Text Books, Reference Books, Published by International Publisher with an established peer review system. (Sole author 50 points per publication, Chapter in edited book 10 points per publication)

Sr.

Title

Type of

No

with

Book &

 

page

Authorship

 

nos.

 

 

 

 

 

Publisher &

Whether

No. of co-

ISSN/ISBN

peer

authors

(40 %

No.

reviewed

weightage)

 

 

 

Whether

Self

API

principal

appraisal

score

author /

score

Verified

corresponding

 

 

author / Guide

 

 

(60 %

 

 

weightage)

 

 

 

 

 

Notes:

1.It is incumbent on the Coordination Committee proposed in these Regulations and the University to prepare and publicize within six months subject-wise list of journals, periodicals and publishers under categories IIIA and B. Till such time, screening/selection committees will assess and verify the categorization and scores of publications.

2.The API for joint publications will have to be calculated in the following manner. Of the total score for the relevant category of publication by the concerned teacher, the first/Principal author and the corresponding author/supervisor/mentor of the teacher would share equally 60% of the total points and the remaining 40% would be shared equally by all other authors.

C:\Users\pgest\Desktop\Final CASAPI\Annual Self Assessment for the performance based appraisal system (PBAS).doc

Page 14 of 24

ii) Subject Books Published by National level / State level / Central Govt. publication with ISBN / ISSN No. (Sole author 25 points per publication, Chapter in edited book 05 points per publication)

 

 

 

 

 

 

Whether

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No. of co-

principal

 

 

 

 

Type of

Publisher

Whether

author /

Self

API

 

 

Book &

&

peer

authors

corresponding

Sr.

Title

 

appraisal

score

Authorship

ISSN/ISBN

reviewed

 

No

with

(40 %

author /

score

Verified

 

No.

 

Guide (60 %

 

 

 

 

 

 

page

 

 

weightage)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

weightage)

 

 

 

nos.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Notes:

1.It is incumbent on the Coordination Committee proposed in these Regulations and the University to prepare and publicize within six months subject-wise list of journals, periodicals and publishers under categories IIIA and B. Till such time, screening/selection committees will assess and verify the categorization and scores of publications.

2.The API for joint publications will have to be calculated in the following manner. Of the total score for the relevant category of publication by the concerned teacher, the first/Principal author and the corresponding author/supervisor/mentor of the teacher would share equally 60% of the total points and the remaining 40% would be shared equally by all other authors.

C:\Users\pgest\Desktop\Final CASAPI\Annual Self Assessment for the performance based appraisal system (PBAS).doc

Page 15 of 24

iii) Subject Books published by Other Local Publisher with ISBN / ISSN No. (Sole author 15 points per publication, Chapter in edited book 03 points per publication)

 

 

 

 

 

No. of co-

Whether

 

 

 

 

 

authors

principal

 

 

Type of

Publisher

Whether

(40 %

author /

 

 

Book &

&

peer

correspondin

Sr.

Title

weightage)

Authorship

ISSN/ISBN

reviewed

g author /

No

with

 

No.

 

 

Guide (60 %

 

page

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

weightage)

 

nos.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Self API

appraisal score score Verified

Notes:

1.It is incumbent on the Coordination Committee proposed in these Regulations and the University to prepare and publicize within six months subject-wise list of journals, periodicals and publishers under categories IIIA and B. Till such time, screening/selection committees will assess and verify the categorization and scores of publications.

2.The API for joint publications will have to be calculated in the following manner. Of the total score for the relevant category of publication by the concerned teacher, the first/Principal author and the corresponding author/supervisor/mentor of the teacher would share equally 60% of the total points and the remaining 40% would be shared equally by all other authors.

C:\Users\pgest\Desktop\Final CASAPI\Annual Self Assessment for the performance based appraisal system (PBAS).doc

Page 16 of 24

iv) Chapters contributed to edited knowledge based volumes published by International Publishers (10 points per publication)

Sr.

 

Type of

No

Title

Book &

 

with

Authorship

 

page

 

 

nos.

 

 

 

 

Publisher Whether No. of co- Whether

&peer authors principal

ISSN/ISBN

reviewed

(40 %

author /

No.

corresponding

 

weightage)

 

 

author / Guide

 

 

 

 

 

 

(60 %

 

 

 

weightage)

Self API appraisal score score Verified

Notes:

1.It is incumbent on the Coordination Committee proposed in these Regulations and the University to prepare and publicize within six months subject-wise list of journals, periodicals and publishers under categories IIIA and B. Till such time, screening/selection committees will assess and verify the categorization and scores of publications.

2.The API for joint publications will have to be calculated in the following manner. Of the total score for the relevant category of publication by the concerned teacher, the first/Principal author and the corresponding author/supervisor/mentor of the teacher would share equally 60% of the total points and the remaining 40% would be shared equally by all other authors.

C:\Users\pgest\Desktop\Final CASAPI\Annual Self Assessment for the performance based appraisal system (PBAS).doc

Page 17 of 24

v) Chapters in Knowledge Based volumes by Indian / National level publishers with ISSN / ISBN numbers and with numbers of national and international directories. (05 points per publications)

Sr. Title No with page nos.

Type of

Publisher

Whether

No. of co-

Whether

Book &

&

peer

authors

principal

 

 

Authorship

ISSN/ISBN

reviewed

(40 %

author /

corresponding

 

No.

 

weightage)

 

 

 

 

 

 

author /

 

 

 

 

Guide (60 %

 

 

 

 

weightage)

 

 

 

 

 

Self API appraisal score score Verified

Notes:

1.It is incumbent on the Coordination Committee proposed in these Regulations and the University to prepare and publicize within six months subject-wise list of journals, periodicals and publishers under categories IIIA and B. Till such time, screening/selection committees will assess and verify the categorization and scores of publications.

2.The API for joint publications will have to be calculated in the following manner. Of the total score for the relevant category of publication by the concerned teacher, the first/Principal author and the corresponding author/supervisor/mentor of the teacher would share equally 60% of the total points and the remaining 40% would be shared equally by all other authors.

C:\Users\pgest\Desktop\Final CASAPI\Annual Self Assessment for the performance based appraisal system (PBAS).doc

Page 18 of 24

vi) Editing of the proceedings of the Seminar / Symposium / Conference / Workshops etc.

(International level: sole editor 20 per publication, National level: sole editor 15 per publication, State level: sole editor 05 per publication)

 

 

 

 

 

No. of co-

Whether

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

editor (40

principal

 

 

Sr.

 

Type of

Publisher

Whether

%

editor /

Self

API

No

Title

Book &

&

peer

weightage)

corresponding

appraisal

score

 

 

Authorship

ISSN/ISBN

reviewed

 

 

 

editor (60 %

score

Verified

 

 

 

No.

 

 

weightage)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Notes:

1.It is incumbent on the Coordination Committee proposed in these Regulations and the University to prepare and publicize within six months subject-wise list of journals, periodicals and publishers under categories IIIA and B. Till such time, screening/selection committees will assess and verify the categorization and scores of publications.

2.The API for joint publications will have to be calculated in the following manner. Of the total score for the relevant category of publication by the concerned teacher, the first/Principal author and the corresponding author/supervisor/mentor of the teacher would share equally 60% of the total points and the remaining 40% would be shared equally by all other authors.

C:\Users\pgest\Desktop\Final CASAPI\Annual Self Assessment for the performance based appraisal system (PBAS).doc

Page 19 of 24

C) Research Projects:

i) Ongoing and Completed Research Projects (In case of Co-PI points are to be shared in 60:40 ratio) (Major projects: grants more than Rs.30 lakhs for experimental sciences & Rs.5 lakhs for others, 20 points per project, Major project: grants more than Rs. 5 lakhs for experimental science and Rs.2 lakhs for others, 15 points per project, Minor project: grants more than Rs.50 thousands for experimental sciences & Rs.25 thousands for others, 10 points per project, below Rs.50,000/- for experimental sciences and below Rs.25000/-for other – 5 pts. each)

 

 

 

 

 

Grant

 

 

Sr.

Title

Agency

Period

Whether Co-

/Amount

Self

API

No.

PI

Mobilized

score

 

 

 

appraisal

 

 

 

Verified

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(Rs. Lakh)

Score

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ii) Completed / Ongoing Consultancy Projects (Grants more than Rs.10 lakhs for experimental sciences & Rs.2 lakhs for others, 10 points per project. In case of joint ventures points are to be shared 60:40 ratio)

 

 

 

 

Whether

Grant /

 

 

Sr.

 

 

 

Amount

Self

API

Title

Agency

Period

 

No.

 

Mobilized

appraisal

score

 

 

 

Co-PI

 

 

 

 

(Rs. Lakh)

score

Verified

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

C:\Users\pgest\Desktop\Final CASAPI\Annual Self Assessment for the performance based appraisal system (PBAS).doc

Page 20 of 24

3(C)

iii) Quality evaluation and Project Report

(Completed Project Report accepted by funding Agency (20 points for major project and 10 points for other )

iv) Projects Outcome/Output: Patent / Technology transfer / Product process

(Major policy document of Govt. bodies at central and state level (30 points each national level output or patent / 50 points each for international level )

Major policy documents of Govt. bodies of Central / State level (for others). (In case of joint output points are to be shared in 60:40 ratios) (National level: 30 points per outcome/output, International level: 50 per outcome / output)

 

 

 

 

Amount

Self

API

 

 

 

 

appraisal

score

Sr.

Name of

 

Whether

 

 

Funding Agency

 

Mobilized

score

Verified

No.

 

 

the Project

 

Co-PI

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(Rs.)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(D) Research Guidance (In the case of joint supervision points are to be equally shared)

(For M.Phil. degree awarded 3 points per candidate, Ph.D. degree awarded 10 points per candidate. Ph.D. thesis submitted 7 points per candidate)

 

 

 

 

API Score

API Score

 

Number

Thesis

Degree

Claimed by

Sr. No.

Verified

Enrolled

Submitted

awarded

the

 

Verified

 

 

 

 

candidate

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

M. Phil or

 

 

 

 

 

equivalent

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ph. D. or

 

 

 

 

 

equivalent

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

C:\Users\pgest\Desktop\Final CASAPI\Annual Self Assessment for the performance based appraisal system (PBAS).doc

Page 21 of 24

(E) (i) Training Courses, teaching Learning Evaluation Technology Programmes, Faculty Development Programmes, Soft skill development (not less than two week duration (10-12 days), 20 points each; not less than one week duration (5-6 days), 10 points each)

 

 

 

 

API

API

Sr.

 

 

 

Score

Programme

Duration

Organized by

Score

No.

Claimed by the

 

 

 

Verified

 

 

 

 

candidate

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(ii) Papers presented in Conferences, Seminars, Workshops, Symposia etc. **

Participation and presentation of research paper (oral/poster) in international 10 points, national 7.5 points, and regional/state level 5 points; local-university/ college level 3 points each. (In case of joint output points are to be shared in 60:40 ratios)

 

 

 

 

Whether

API

 

Sr.

Title of the

Title of

Organized

international

Score

API

paper

Conference /

/National/State

Claimed

Score

No.

presented

Seminar

by

/Regional/College

by the

Verified

 

 

 

 

 

 

or University level

candidate

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

** If the paper presented in conference / seminar is published in the form of proceeding, the points would accrue for the publication (III (a)) and not under presentation (III (e) (ii))

C:\Users\pgest\Desktop\Final CASAPI\Annual Self Assessment for the performance based appraisal system (PBAS).doc

Page 22 of 24

(iii) Invited lectures, visiting professorship and Chairmanships at national or international conference/seminar etc.

(International level 10 points, National level 7.5 points, State/Region level 5 points, University/College level 3 points)

Sr.

Title of Lecture

Title of

 

Whether

 

API Score

Conference

Organized

API score

 

/ Academic

international

 

 

/ Seminar

by

claimed

Verified

No.

Session

/National

etc

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

IV.

SUMMARY OF API SCORES

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Criteria

API score

API score

 

 

 

 

 

 

claimed

verified

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I

Teaching, Learning and Evaluation related activities

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

II

Co-curricular, Extension, Professional development etc

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Total I + II ( Minimum Score required 100 )

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

III

Research and Academic Contribution

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

C:\Users\pgest\Desktop\Final CASAPI\Annual Self Assessment for the performance based appraisal system (PBAS).doc

Page 23 of 24

UNDERTAKING

I____________________________________________ undertake that the information provided is correct as per records submitted by me to College / Institute / university and / or documents enclosed along with the duly filled PBAS proforma.

My PBAS based APIs score carries

Place :

 

Date :

Signature of the faculty with

 

Designation

Place :

 

Date :

Signature

 

Head of the Department

Place :

 

Date :

Principal / Director/ Vice- Chancellor

N. B.: The individual PBAS proforma duly filled along with all enclosures, submitted for CAS promotions will be duly verified by the college/Institute/university as necessary and placed before the Screening cum Evaluation Committee or Selection Committee for assessment / verification.

C:\Users\pgest\Desktop\Final CASAPI\Annual Self Assessment for the performance based appraisal system (PBAS).doc

Page 24 of 24